Terms and Conditions
- Teign Estuary Heating is the trading name of me, Dave Thomas, Owner and Gas Safe Registered. I provide a range of services for repairing, replacing and servicing of gas appliances .
- These terms and conditions set out the legal terms and conditions (Terms) including installation, service and repair on gas appliances in customers houses by Teign Estuary Heating
- Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before booking a service, repair, or install. Your booking will confirm your agreement to these Terms. The contract between us, and therefore the application of these Terms, will be formed when I send you confirmation of an appointment by email or text.
- I may amend these Terms from time to time. The version of the Terms in force at the time of the work being undertaken will apply to the Contract between us. These Terms will be governed by English law.
Installation, service and repair
- Customer bookings can be made by phone or email.
- If I am unable to meet the planned appointment date or time because of an event outside of my control, I will contact you to agree a revised appointment.
- I will carry out the work in your home as agreed by you when the appointment was made, or discussed.
- Prior to starting any work, I will assess your appliances and to the best of my ability bring to your attention any excising faults. I will advise you of any additional work that I would recommend and the cost of this work. This additional work will only be carried out with your agreement.
- On occasion it may be necessary to undertake some investigative work in order to determine the nature of a problem or to advise on the best course of action. In these circumstances, my standard rate of £40.00 per hour will apply; this will be agreed with you in advance.
- I will not undertake any additional work or replace any parts without your agreement. However, if you choose not to undertake any recommended work, I accept no liability for any issues arising with the appliance as a result of not having this work undertaken.
- If there are any delays in obtaining parts required for the work, then I will let you know the anticipated timescales for completion of the work.
- All parts supplied are expected to be suitable for the job and to last a reasonable amount of time. Any parts that I supply are covered by manufacturer’s warranty.
- I will aim to complete any work as soon as possible and within the estimated timescales that we agreed. Sometimes this may not be possible, but I will discuss any changes with you.
- I reserve the right not to service / repair any appliances that I deem not to be safe or past economical repair.
- I will provide an estimated cost to undertake the work (including any additional work which you have authorised me to carry out). Any significant variation to the estimated cost will be discussed with you before I proceed with the work.
- There is a minimum charge of £60.00 per call out and labour will then be charged @ £40.00 per hour.
- Service price listed on the website do not include the cost of any parts that are required; these costs will be quoted to you when I have inspected the appliance If the installation of parts is also expected to incur additional labour charges, then this will also be quoted to you.
18.Any Parts, products supplied by you (the customer) will be fitted under the understanding that I am not responsible for the warranty or compatibility of the parts that you supply for me to fit, including failure, damage and/or wear and tear. Parts are covered by manufacturer’s warranty and any claims under this warranty must be made directly by you.
- I will always contact you for your approval If any further parts or work are required, once I have started work I will only continue with your agreement. I reserve the right to add additional labour charges to a service or repair if necessary, but this will always be quoted and agreed with you before proceeding.
- Payment in full is required when the work undertaken has been completed. Payment is to be made by cash, Credit/Debit Card or bank transfer.
- After all work is completed, I will produce a detailed invoice which you will receive a copy of. I will also keep a copy for a period of 7 years as proof of the work undertaken and to provide evidence as required for Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC).
- Cancellations must be made via email todavethomas@Teignesturaryheating.co.ukor phone 07798855270 minimum of 48 hours before the scheduled work. Urgent (less than 48 hours’ notice) cancellation or alteration of bookings must be made via phone. I reserve the right to refuse to provide a service to customers who have cancelled bookings repeatedly at short notice.
- If for any reason I am unable to make your appointment, you will be informed as soon as possible, and we will agree an alternative booking date/time.
24.If I do not comply with these Terms, I will attempt to remedy this for you as soon as possible.
- I will not be liable to you under any circumstances for any indirect or consequential loss, damage, or expenses (including loss of profits, business or goodwill, business interruption, loss of business opportunity, stress or inconvenience) however this arises out of any problem that you notify to me under these Terms. I shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount that you have paid for the service, repair, or installation.
- These Terms are not intended to limit any of your statutory rights or to exclude or limit my liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from my negligence.
- I accept no responsibility for any loss, costs, injury, or death as a result of any installations, upgrades, alterations, adjustments, repairs or servicing that have been carried out.
- I accept no liability for any damages while work is being carried out at your nominated premises or place of work.
Events outside of my control
- I will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of my obligations under a Contract that is caused by an event outside of my control. An event outside of my control is defined as:
. Any act or event beyond my reasonable control, including without limitation, strikes, lock- outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic, pandemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other modes of transport.
. If an event outside of my control takes place that affects the performance of my obligations under a Contract, I will contact you as soon as I reasonably can to notify you. My obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of my obligations will be extended for the duration of the event outside of my control.
- Any problems with the heating / hot water systems after a new boiler is fitted will be chargeable and not included in the boiler installation cost.
- Where the event outside of my control affects completion of the agreed work to your bicycle, I will arrange a new completion and delivery date with you after the event outside of my control is over.
Respect for one another and what to do if you are unhappy with the service provided
- I reserve the right to terminate an installation, service, or repair at any time and to refuse future work due to the aggression, hostility, or poor behaviour of a customer.
- I aim to provide a prompt and professional service at all times. However, if you are unhappy with any aspect of my service, then please contact me immediately, by phone or email to advise me of the issue so that we can agree the appropriate action to resolve your complaint.
Privacy and Your Personal Information
- I am committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- I may collect and process information that you provide, including your name, address, contact details and booking / service history in order to process your installation, service, or repair. This includes information provided at the time of registering interest in or booking work to be completed. If you contact me, I may keep a record of that correspondence.
- If I need to contact you or give you notice in writing, I will do so by email or by post to the address that you provide with your booking.
- Your details will not be disclosed to third parties. If I am under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, I will contact you first.
- I will keep records of bookings and work carried out securely and confidentially and will keep this for 7 years.
- I will not contact you unless it has been requested and I will not inundate you with unsolicited emails.
- For more information about how your information will be processed, treated, and protected, please read my Privacy Notice.
Website and Social Media
- I manage the website and all social media related to Teign Estuary Heating. The content reflects my views and opinions and not those of any other companies or individuals that I may represent or be partnered with.
- I reserve the right to change the description of services and prices detailed on the website, without any prior notice. This does not affect any confirmed future booked work.
- Whilst I will do my best to keep the material on the website up to date, there may be occasions when any of the material on the site may be out of date.
- Access to the website is permitted on a temporary basis, and I reserve the right to amend or withdraw the service that I provide on this site without notice. I will not be liable if for any reason this website is unavailable at any time.
- The website may contain links to other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that I do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The cookies cannot identify you personally and we will not sell your information on to any third parties.
You can disable cookies if you want to, though our website may not work as well if you do. Here’s how to disable cookies in Chrome. You can also use free third-party programs like Spybot to block cookies.
- See which pages you visit
- Allow you to share our pages through social networks such as Facebook
The data that we collect includes the following:
- Usage data
- Email address
- Phone number
- IP address
We use this data to do the following:
- Improve our website by analysing user behaviour
- Contact our users
- Interact with our users on external social networks and platforms
If any other data collection occurs, it will be described at that point. We are not responsible for any third party data submitted by users.
The internet is not 100% free from security risks. While we take security very seriously, we cannot guarantee that your data is secure. Any data that is sent to us is done at the user’s own risk.